Saturday, November 13, 2010

38 days?

With only 38 days left in the motherland, I am experiencing some pretty serious mixed feelings. On one hand I'm thinking, "God, 38 days til I get to see Matthew? That is wayyyyyy too long." But on the other hand, I'm so sad. I've been here since early June. China is what I'm used to. Life is so different back in the states, and I already know that I'll be experiencing some serious reverse culture shock.


So, in order to fully appreciate the month that I have left here, I've decided to make a to-do list. Some of the things I've done before, some I haven't. Suggestions are welcome!


1. Eat hotpot.
Last time I had hotpot was in July
















2. Visit Chinese classrooms to talk to the kids.
3. Drink Beerlao
4. Get a massage
5. Hike up a mountain
6. Visit rice terraces (already planned!)
7. Go to Shanghai (already planned!)
8. Learn some more Kunming dialect
9. Eat dinner with my roommate at least four times
10. Go to the flower/bird market in Kunming.
11. Go a day without complaining about anything
12. Find a gift for Matthew
13. Eat an egg pancake at an obscene hour of the evening/morning
14. Jog around Cuihu (the lake near our school)
15. Go to one of Kunming's museums


I have a really exciting month ahead. This coming weekend, Richard is coming back to Kunming! The next weekend, I'll be going to Yuanyang's rice terraces with the group (including my roommate). And the weekend after that, I'm going to Shanghai to visit Gabe, Kelsey, Bibba, and Richard. I've never been to Shanghai before, so I'm pretty excited. 

Have I really been in China for over five months? That is insane.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment