Saturday, June 12, 2010

First Day

I arrived in Beijing at 4:58 AM Beijing time. Shortly after I arrived at my hotel, room service brought a beautiful breakfast to my room. I am tired. Memphis-> Dallas -> LA -> Beijing isn't the best of itineraries.

However, my first impressions of Beijing are wonderful. After breakfast, I slept for five hours and began exploring the neighborhood. I stumbled upon one of my favorite parts of China that I had completely forgotten about: http://www.happy-lemon.com/ . Happy Lemon has every bubble tea, milk tea, etc... that I, as an American, can imagine, and a small costs just over one US dollar. I thought the guy behind the counter was going to kill me when I had to break a 100 kuai note for a 7 kuai purchase.

I also bought a sim card for my international cell phone and was probably ripped off, but at least I no longer feel like I have no identity.

The pollution here sucks, but I am pretending it's actually just fog- like in Qingdao.

I'm predicting more exciting entries in the near future.
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment