Saturday, June 19, 2010

Qingdao



I know it’s been a while since my last entry, but the internet can be a very tricky thing in the PRC. I was supposed to go to Xi’an a few days ago, but Air China is officially perhaps more evil than Dick Cheney. Long story short, I am now in Qingdao with my mother. We got in at dinner time, and I, of course, took her straight to 拉肚子饭馆儿 (la duzi fanguanr, literal translation: diarrhea restaurant). It was given the name by a flagship cohort years ago and thankfully (for the most part) no longer lives up to its pet name. How I have missed eating feasts of Shaanxi food for less than two dollars!

We ran into Dr. Lin, and she told me where to find Tori and Jessica. The members of this year’s flagship cohort in Qingdao are staying in nicer dorms than ours from last year (the dorms where we had our classes last summer).

Last night I took mom to May Fourth Square followed by drinks at Le Bang, a great French restaurant/bar near the school.

I'll try to be better about updating!

No comments:

Post a Comment