Thursday, August 19, 2010

DONE

Let's recap my summer for a moment.
I've gone from:
Hanging out with Mom in fancy Beijing.










to hanging out with my classmates in fancy-ish Beijing










to dying from the schoolwork










to eating hotpot in Datong with the Indiana boys










to dying










to being done with finals!
Seriously I took this picture as soon as I got back to my room after taking my last test. I'm exhausted. I can't remember the last time I washed my hair. But I'm done with the most academically demanding two months of my life (thus far). All I can do is smile. :) In the past 53 days, I have written over 10,000 words in formal papers. I have learned 3,000+ characters. I have given ten speeches, four of them lasting thirty minutes each. And then there's all that homework and reading and stuff.

In addition, I've ridden two ridiculous overnight trains. I finally understand Beijing dialect. I've had the best margarita in my life (in China? yes). I got to hang out with Amy all the time! I've amassed an impressive collection of wallets and bags from the pearl market and the silk market. I've met up with one friend from high school, four fellow Ole Miss students, and two Ole Miss professors- all in Beijing. I've gone out to eat with my Chinese teachers eight times. And I even rediscovered my lost love for dumplings.




All in all, I'd say that ACC was worth every penny. Also, here's a picture of all of the ACC students and teachers levels 2-4. I didn't know everyone very well though because the fourth year class only had 15 or so students, and we all know that I'm not the most social of butterflies.




What now? I'm staying in the dorms here until Sunday afternoon. I'm staying in a hotel in Wangfujin for three days, and then I'm off to Nanjing!

Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment