Thursday, September 30, 2010

La Vie Quotidienne Part 2

I have officially been in Kunming for an entire month, and I'm really beginning to develop a nice routine for myself. Every day I wake up when it's still dark outside (thank you, China for only having one timezone and therefore making my mornings creepy) and eat some fruit while scrambling to get my homework done before class (some things never change). My walk to class takes about fifteen minutes and it's beautiful. There are flowers everywhere. After class, I usually go to a *gasp* western restaurant for lunch and either return to the classroom building for one on one or go take a nap at the dorms. I've gotten in the habit of going jogging (walking briskly, really) around Cui Hu (Green Lake) which is near the classroom building. If for no other reason, it's to see precious old Chinese men flying kites and old women line dancing with scarves in their hands. The rest of my day is usually filled with too much coffee and too much homework.
Qiuqiu, Tianqi, and Detong at Cui Hu

I guess the point of this post was bringing up the old men flying kites at Cui Hu. It is so cute. It reminds me of the old men who go to Handy Andy's every day and drink coffee (<3 Doug)--just a Chinese version.



Tonight I'm going to a 傣族 restaurant, and then Alyssa and I are going to the airport to pick up Richard! Tomorrow is a holiday! I love three day weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment