Thursday, September 2, 2010

南京—》昆明

Alyssa and I flew from Nanjing to Kunming yesterday, and I have already fallen in love with the city. It's about 65 degrees here, and our campus is beautiful and full of flowers. There is also a great street full of Thai and Indian restaurants less than a five minutes' walk from my dorm. My roommate is great. Her major is international relations, and she's obsessed with Southeast Asia. (her boyfriend is from Cambodia). She and I are currently laughing at gender stereotypes in China as well. I'm thinking she's pretty 开放, as far as it goes.

I might be tempted to complain about the fact that I don't have air conditioning in my room, but...oh wait.... the weather is perfect. Thus far, my only complaint is the fact that we can't flush toilet paper down the toilet, but something tells me I'll live.

I have to talk about it being a small world again... there are two Tulane students in my program of 15 kids. Also, Alyssa and I met up with a friend of hers from her Princeton summer program who is doing research in Kunming. It turns out his translator used to be a teacher at ACC. I will never escape ACC.

Sorry I don't have any pictures yet. I'll try to put some up soon! Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment